Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

THE Dress

While I know I have over a year still ahead of me until the wedding, I decided to go ahead and go dress shopping.  My mom and I went the Thursday before Christmas just to look.  However, I ended up trying on about 12 dresses and ultimately ended up with a dress that I was 96% sure was my dress.

After showing the pictures I took of the dress to some friends and family and hearing their reactions, I knew that the dress I put on twice was THE dress for me.

Today, my mom, dad, Mamaw and I went over to Bridal and Formal again for my appointment with my amazing bridal consultant.  I put on the dress again and it just felt SOOOO good!  I had been toying around with the idea of trying another dress on that she had put me in previously but once I saw the dress again and put it on, I forgot all about that dress.  She put a veil on my head and took me out to see my Daddy.  After receiving Daddy's approval, I knew that there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to SAY YES TO THE DRESS!  (P.S. This picture is from the Bridal and Formal facebook page where they posted this picture.  I thought it was awesome and was more than happy to let them put me on their site!)



Now that the dress has been ordered, I have like 5 to 8 months to wait until I see the dress again.  However, I'm glad that one of the bigger things on my wedding checklist is now checked off.  Now to find the accessories to go with my dress, find a reception hall, and the list goes on and on.  However, Joshua and I have 441 days to take care of the rest :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment