Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The wedding stigma

If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times already since I got engaged last month "Well this is YOUR day!  It's all about the bride."

Well, actually, that's not how I see it.

Let's take a step back and look at this thing called the Susong/Cope wedding.

There are two people in the relationship: Joshua Cope and myself.

Joshua and I are devout Christians and so someone else who is very active in our relationship is God.

Our marriage is the union of two people becoming one.  We're to be the half that each has been searching for, the part that completes one another.  Therefore, this wedding is the putting together of two halves into a whole.

If anyone has ever been around me long they'll know that, contrary to the little 5 year old girl who used to put on "THE HEATHER SHOW" for family and friends, I actually do not like to have a fuss made about me.  This wedding is going to be really hard for me because the focus is going to be all on me as it is "my day".

However, as we continue to plan this wedding, I don't want it to be all about me but rather about Joshua and I and the new chapter that we're about to start together as husband and wife :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment