Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Reception Halls and Bridal Show #1

Joshua and I are hard at work getting some of the bigger "things" for our wedding.  Last weekend (1/5) Joshua and I went to three different reception halls.  They were all within about 15 or so minutes of my church, where the wedding is going to be held.

Each place had their own positives and negatives, however, we were able to come to a decision after we spent over an hour at our last hall we visited.  We were thrilled with the customer service, the facility and how everything would work perfectly for us at this hall.  We are so excited that we've booked them for our reception!  One less hassle for us to worry about trying to find when they're all booked up.

This past weekend my mom, maid of honor (Brianna) and I went to my first bridal show (Joshua wouldn't have anything to do with it.....which I can't blame him)  There were so many great vendors there to check out.  I went in wanting to find information for three things: DJ, cake and flowers.  I found information for all of them and will be reviewing everything I found over the next few weeks.  My goal for the wedding is to have every vendor picked out, booked and given a deposit by the summer.  For me, this puts my mind at ease over trying to find someone who is available as time goes on and too we are able to take care of everything in a timely manner.  If all the bigger things are taken care of by June, all that's left are smaller things that can be taken care of over the next nine months beyond that.

If you can't tell, I'm a planner.  I plan out things so nothing gets missed.  Just like with my students in my classroom, I create lesson plans and have an idea of where I am now and where I want to go.  However, the best laid plans always have to have some flexibility to them, just as wedding plans do :-) 

I'm so excited that things are coming together piece by piece for our wedding.  It may seem like so far away, but as each day passes, I know that that's one day closer to our wedding day and, at least I can say this, I'm excited!  From the time I was a little girl Disney promised me my handsome prince.  I found several frogs over the course of life but finally found my handsome prince and Joshua and I get our happily ever after :-)

1 comments:

Rodulf said...

:-)frogs are really worst.... but I'm happy that you found your prince. I admire how you prepare for your wedding day, it is special and it only happens once in a lifetime so it must be prepared well.

Barn Wedding Reception

Post a Comment